Small Business Checklist
For: Rental Property, Schedule C, Schedule F
The quality of your tax return and the timeliness of its preparation depend strongly on obtaining all your tax documents and information. Therefore we have created the following checklist to accompany your organizer. As more companies move to electronic delivery of their tax documents and statements, this checklist will help ensure you are not missing important tax documentation.
- 1099’s received from vendors
- 1099-K statements from credit card companies
- Income statement for the year
- Balance sheet for the year
- Inventory listing if applicable
- For new loans, include description, date and amount of purchase along with terms of loan showing payment, length and interest rate.
- Capital expenditures list with dates and amounts (Vehicles, Equipment)
- Mileage logs
- State estimates paid; date and amounts
- Payroll W-3, Payroll Tax Reports or summary of 940 tax paid, all quarters of NH Unemployment taxes paid. 941s are not necessary.
- Interest statements for any loans
Home Office Deductions
- Square footage of house/apartment and square footage used exclusively for business
- 1098s from Mortgage Lenders (the form is now required, not just the figures)
- Home Purchase if new / Refinance Documents, Closing Disclosure / HUD Statements
- Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) Premiums, Year End Loan Statements
- Property / Real Estate Taxes Paid